So life’s been a little crazy these days. I’ve been forced to update friends via email/twitter, function on only several hours of sleep, and eat a lot of pita chips*. Not only has my social life suffered, but my blogging life has suffered as well. That being said, several life updates/observations for you:
1) My parents came up to visit Brother and I today. Mom just got back from a father/daughters trip to Scotland with my aunt and grandpa and was wanting to debrief us on all of the shenanigans. Over lunch, she started to explain her trip to a distillery and the following conversation happened:
Mom: So when we were at the scotch distillery…
Brother: Wait, what was the name of this place again?
Mom: It’s really small. You probably haven’t heard of it.
Brother (without missing a beat): Mom went to a hipster distillery.
We then proceeded to talk in poor Scottish accents, mock the Scottish crown jewels (ACK! These geodes are lovely, lassie!), and laugh at our ancestors (MacLeods of Dunvegan).
2) This past summer I ran a Ragnar Relay race from Madison to Chicago. I was a last minute replacement on a team of people I didn’t
know. It was a great experience and one I highly recommend for those looking to add something different to their race schedule. I loved it so much that I recently became a Ragnar Ambassador.. which means I get to spread the great word about Ragnar far and wide. I mention Ragnar, not only because I’m excited for this new role, but also because it was the starting point for my next exciting running challenge: Hood to Coast 2012! I’ll be running my share of 200 miles with a team of Twitter pals… aka people I’ve never met. I’ve apparently decided that the best way to make friends is to spend 24 hours in a van with them. I’ve recommended the team name “Craigslist Killers.”
3) For Halloween this year I decided to reprise my role as theHamburglar. Other costumes of note included Best Friend’s rendition of “Ed Hochuli,” and a human totem pole. I don’t think I’ll be going ginger anytime soon… at least not sparkly stoplight ginger. Caveat: The enormous miller lite can is not normally how I roll. Bad life choice.
4) I made a new friend and he sent me pita chips in the mail. It rivals the care packages from mom filled with raspberry hot chocolate for ”most awesome thing I’ve gotten in the mail.”
5) I pressed pause on online dating for the time being. Life’s too busy to deal with the digital dance. I think John Lennon said that.
Speaking of dance, I leave you with one of my most favorite jams:
* Not forced at all.