Holy Monday, Snowman!
My 45 min commute took 90 min this morning. Monnnndaaaay!! *shakes fist*
- A 9yo boy is running a marathon on every continent to raise money for charity, including Antarctica. While I applaud his desire to give back, this is ridiculous on so many levels. At the very LEAST, travelling to Antarctica is effing expensive. How about you just donate the $$ it takes to get there to the charity instead, kiddo?
- If you live in Chicago (or really anywhere other than California), you basically resign yourself to the fact that you’ll be spending a million dollars per apple in the winter months. Or you just stop eating fresh produce. Because neither are really ideal, here’s a list of winter veggies that are likely easier on the wallet, and more nutritious than Skittles. (Hey, fruit-flavored?!)
- There are lots of training theories and plans and coaches out there. If you’re flying solo, and trying to figure out how your pacing should be throughout the week, Running Times breaks down your week, and provides some goals for various types of runs.
- Do you live in a runner-friendly community? I consider Chicago to be pretty runner-friendly (minus the weather, but whatever). Road Runners Club of America just named the friendliest, with Georgia and Oregon communities taking top honors.
- A 30-year-old female runner’s death during last year’s London Marathon has been tied to a legal, performance-ennhancing supplement called Jack3d. While the product has been reformulated since its ban from the UK, US, Canada, and Australia, the original formula is still floating around out there on the interwebs. Claire’s story is incredibly sad, and should cause us to question what we’re putting in our bodies … like flame-retardant-filled Gatorade…
- Registration for the Twin Cities Marathon is officially open. If you’re considering a Fall marathon, I can’t speak highly enough of this race. Beautiful course, low-maintenance pre-race, and unbelievably supportive spectators.
- I’m pretty sure I’m exhibiting 98% of these symptoms of over-training. Just kidding. But seriously. No, these symptoms are also 100% indicative of a winter training cycle in the midwest, so um, there’s that.
- I’m officially three months out from the Wisconsin Marathon. THREE! Anyone else out there running for cheese?
Who has a favorite Superbowl commercial and/or least favorite Superbowl commercial?