Happy Monday, runners. I bought myself some lovely hydrangea last night because I was feeling pretty mopey. Now my apartment smells like a Ralph Lauren commercial (but still looks like a state-declared disaster site).
- Speaking of mopey, running makes you happier. Duh.
- Wanna race? I’m thinking about doing the Chi Town Half Marathon on March 24th. It would be my first, and I’ve been itching to add some tune-up races to my spring schedule.
- Puttin’ on the Ritz? Ritzenhein is running Chicago this year. Hear that, Chanthana?
- Spirit of the Marathon II will debut in June, and will focus on the Rome Marathon. Watch the trailer here. True story: I watched the original for the first time this past summer and bawled because I have trouble containing my emotions like a normal person.
- Gratitude. It’s important in life, and it’s important in running.
- Don’t run too fast. Don’t fuel on long runs. Don’t wear those shorts (seriously, it’s embarrassing…) This is a pretty good list of major mistakes runners make, and it saves me from having to write a post about how there’s SO MUCH ADVICE being doled out right now on Twitter. More than during Fall marathon season. Is that normal? It’s getting a little overwhelming.
- We’ve learned to embrace the time commitment of the long run. As runners, we should also be learning to embrace the time commitment of the long TERM.
- I braved Michigan Ave on Saturday and was rewarded with the knowledge that the Garmin store on the Mag Mile is offering a trade-in rebate right now. I was told I’d get $40 for my old 405 to put towards a 210 model or above (doesn’t apply to the Forerunner10). Apparently it’s in-store only, but Kristine from Garmin reached out on Twitter to let my pal in Baltimore know that she might be able to mail it in to land the discount. Interested? Pop in the store, or give them a call at: 312-787-3221. [In related news, I think my Nike watch knew I went to Garmin, because it started acting up again after weeks of good behavior...]
I was hoping to be able to FINALLY do my speed work outside today (my track has basically been unusable for the past month because it doesn’t get shoveled and stays pretty icy), but apparently there are 50mph wind gusts expected, so um, I’ll be inside again. Womp.
On the bright side, the timing of my post-work runs means I almost always end up watching Wheel of Fortune. Not to brag buuuut I’m getting pretty good…